Thursday, November 8, 2007

Its not goodbye - its hello!

The end has arrived -

It has been an interested experience, I have embraced some of the sites and I hope I will continue using them. Some I had no use for but at least I know how to use them. I would have liked to sit down with other participants and discuss the experience, a phone call every now and again helped. That is the down side of working in a single person branch.
I will continue to use my blog and my blogline, Flickr is now a favourite as is Del.icio.us and I enjoyed the online generators. I'm sure that the online application tools will be useful, YouTube was also fun. Wikis could be a useful tool for the library (and for me).
The only sites I found that I doubt I will have a use for are LibraryThing, Podcasts and eBooks.

The Seven and 1/2 Habits of Highly Successful Lifelong Learning - I'm sure that I approached this experience with them in mind.
  • 1 begin with an open mind - check
  • 2 accept responsibility for your own learning - I got a bit confused and stuck at times but I persevered.
  • 3 view problems as a challenge - and very challenging they were at times
  • 4 have confidence in yourself - I have succeeded
  • 5 create your own learning toolbox - check
  • 6 use technology to your advantage - yes my life will be easier now (at work at least)
  • 7 teach and mentor others - any questions just ask if I don't know the answer I will find it.
  • 7 1/2 - PLAY! Have fun! - sometimes this can be overlooked but overall that's what life should try to be about.



and the curtain comes down!!

2 comments:

Yarra Plenty Library Regional Library said...

Congratulations...a Learning 2.0 graduate. Your comments are certainly appreciated, and I congratulate you for compleing this and running a branch by yourself at the same time.
Well done

Lynette

Sal's World said...

and they're racing to the finish line.....neck and neck.....is it going to be a photo......

and it's Meg's Moments by a whisker closely followed by Elephant Tales to the North!

Congratulations you made it!!

And something about Elephants ~ they never forget!

Well Done!!